04 December 2012

What I Treasure


One of the things I like to do during Advent is to reflect on what is important to me.  My faith and my family always come first.  They are almost, one and the same.  I have so many blessings in my life that it's hard to count them all.  Don't get me wrong.  There is sadness too.  Past, present and future.  I am old, wise enough to know that life is not a bowl of cherries.  But as one of my favorite blog authors, Ashley, over at lilblueboo admonishes again and again, through her bout with cancer and unbelievable adversities, to "CHOOSE JOY".  My sister and I were just talking about it today and we decided when things just get too hard to handle we will Choose Joy.  I hope you will too!

Here are some of the things that make me happy.  It gives me joy to share them with you and I hope you'll share some of the things that make you happy with me too.


These two nuts make me pretty happy!


This is a photograph of me with my mom, my sister and my daughter's, before we said our goodbyes's for the last time.  We Chose to make it Joyful!  It was a celebration of life and family.


My husband is the best man God could have chosen for me from all the men in the whole wide world.  I don't know what I did to deserve him but, Thanks again God!

My daughter Tara, her husband Jason and each of my darling 6 grandchildren make my heart sing.  Tara and Jason are a joy to behold as they so beautifully and gently raise up loving, talented, children.  I'm so proud and so blessed by them daily.

My awesome eldest son Cooper.  He's going to set the world on fire with his enthusiasm and great big heart!

My daughter Kate fell in love and said her "I do's" to Justin this year.  Watching these two prepare for and then engage in the sacrament of marriage has been an incredible blessing and joy.


What makes a dog?
Is it the cut of his coat? The length of his pedigree? His size or that of his dog house?
I think not.
It is the heart of the dog that makes him, for a dog's heart knows no bounds. 




Have I mentioned how much I love my pups?  I think it's a bit obvious, and maybe some think it's even a little obsessive  overboard, but I think the joy I get from these two is over the top joyful!

The sea is my front yard.  Oh JOY!  How blessed am I?  Indescribable the feeling I get every time I see, hear or smell the ocean.  That I get to live beside it is the best life can bring and I'm grateful for it every, single day.

I could go on and on and on, so instead I'll try to spread out all the love during this Advent Season.  Lest you think I've forgotten - I haven't.  Jesus is the Reason For The Season.  But guess what guys?  It's not the same kinda love, but we kinda like this guy too.  And, I hear he's coming to town!

Think about it.  These are some of the things I hold dear and am thankful for this Christmas.  How about you?  What do you hold dear?  I can't wait to hear from you.

Blessings to you and yours,

Tia

P.S.  Just so you know, I hold each and every one of you dear as well.  You are why I keep this blog going no matter how sporadically my old computer and skills hold up.  I love you all more than even that!








No comments: