11 November 2013

A Bloglift and A Great Big Thank You!

Hi Guys,

By now, you shoulda, woulda, coulda, seen that I have revamped my blog!  I've had it on the back burner for months.  I decided I needed to step up my game and get with all the new pretty gadgets, and pages, and pictures that you now have access to.  I'm darn well organized now.  It's been a huge learning curve for a girl of little brain, but I did it!  Of course, I had big, big, help.

After searching for a very long time, pursuing the blog of all you talented ladies, checking out all the new gadgets and seeing how much easier it now is to figure out everybody's back stories, I knew I too wanted to update my four year old design.  After almost 200 posts it was about time!

When I lamented publicly, and for long enough, I was offered free help by some very dear bloggers who just wanted to help.  Thank you guys.  The blogging community is the bomb!  I just felt I couldn't take advantage, so I also went to many web creators and checked out all their wares and prices.  It came down to the fact that although someone else could do the overall design, I, yes I, would have to get off my back side and dig into my 77,000 pictures and old posts and learn how to turn everything upside down to get er done.  And I was too lazy for that.

Then finally, I could take it no more.  I love writing and sharing my photos, and I love chronicling the shenanigans of my family.  Who knows, some day one of them might care to share the uplifting side of their lives with their successors.  That or they will press the -delete- button. There's not a sentimental sap among them.  (They didn't get that from their mother!)

I really, truly, wanted someone local who could come over and hold my hand while I asked ten million questions during our sessions.  I wanted someone who would remove my thumb from my mouth and uncurl me out of the fetal position I in veritably find myself, when trying to maneuver a new curve on my computer.  (Is this sounding familiar to any of you?)  But alas, I believe that God didn't want to do that to anyone.  He didn't want to put anyone through me and my shenanigans.  So, He led me to someone way inland, someone so far away that she could run and hide if I got to be too much of a pain in the $%&***.  But, she never did.  She was always there for me.

Her name is Kelsey and she's BRILLIANT!  She walked me slowly, patiently, through the whole process, answered ten million questions, re-did things that I wanted changed at the last minute, and all without either one of us shedding a tear.  Well, I didn't shed a tear and I don't think she did.  She is clear across the country of course.  You're welcome Kelsey.  God must really love you!

Her blog is called KREATED BY KELSEY.  Please go see it, she has so much to see I couldn't possibly do it justice.  Give yourself the pleasure and eye candy of seeing it yourself.  Not only is she brilliant in design, she is prompt, affordable, always available, and did I mention patient?  She did it all in a matter of days too.  She makes miracles happen.  I find things every time I log on that I didn't know were there and I didn't know were even possible.  Although I thought they should have been!  But they are, and you too can have them.  How about alphabetizing your labels so you can easily find all your past posts?  Who knew!  I didn't even ask for it, it was just a serendipitous find.  Sometimes I just sit down with a cuppa and stare at my new design.  I marvel at its beauty.  And I can brag all I want, cause I had nothing to do with it.  It was all Kelsey.

Kelsey never yelled at me once and we did it all over email.  If you've been thinking of a remodel for your blog, or just want a new button or gadget, do yourself a favor and pop on over to Kelsey's.  You'll be glad you did.  I am!  I still have a lot of my own work to do, filling in all the pages with pictures, etc.  But I'm well on my way and I feel great about it.  So - Cottage By The Sea, is like a whole new gal now.  I hope you like her and will come visit us often.  We'd love to have you and as always, I'll come visit you back.  Aren't you just in love with this blog community we have?  I feel so lucky to have such devoted and dear people to chat with, share the good and the bad with, and a few prayers back and forth never hurt either.  Now go see Kelsey's site, it's a wonder.  Thank you, gracias, danke, Kelsey.  I love you more than all the frustration this blog has given me since day one!  Now y'all GO! GO SEE KELSEY!

And just because I never write a post without a photo or two, here they are.  But then you have to promise me you'll go see
KELSEY.

Because it's veteran's day, "Happy Veteran's Day", my son Dylan, currently serving in the military.
Thanks for your service sonny boy.


"If there is trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will live in peace."
Memorium - Oil
                     Collection of the artist  7.11

We love our blessings!

No comments: