08 April 2010

Take It Off For Tom's

Hey- ya friends!  Did you all know that today is One Day Without Shoes Day?  Well, now ya do.  It' was started by a guy you can meet on this site right here  ONE DAY WITHOUT SHOES.  I wanted to bring your attention to it because, it's a cause that my kids and I support and we hope you will too. You will see there below, my very own TOMS on my very own feet.  I bought them because when you buy a pair of TOMS, they will give a pair to a child in the U.S. or somewhere else in the world, say Africa, where they actually are too poor to own a pair of shoes.  Today is a day they are asking everybody to go barefootin' in hopes it will bring awareness to the cause.

You can help just by going without your shoes even if it's only for a few minutes, while going about your normal day.  Just help spread the message.  It's that easy!

 Today, Thursday, 8th April 2010 - ONE DAY WITHOUT SHOES...JOIN US

 Everyone knows I dislike shoes to the extreme.  But, when I have to wear them, say it's only 60 degrees down here at the beach and I'm freezing cold {grins to all you people who actually know what cold is}, these and my flip flops are my shoes of choice.  TOMS are cute, comfy and slipper like, and they come in every size, mens, women's, color, and plain or pattern imaginable.  I know what it's like to go barefoot but, I just pad around in my comfy house on my comfy floor or in nice warm sand down at the beach where I can sift it between my toes.  I have no idea what it would be like to be turned away from going to school because I don't have shoes.  Or to walk around in the freezing cold, or the burning heat without shoes. I can imagine however the heartache I would feel as a parent if I couldn't put a pair of shoes on my own kid.

I'm doing it, my kids are doing it.  Here is my daughter and her friend Wylie doing it.  Just ONE DAY.  Come on!  You can do it too. 



 Tell everybody why you're barefoot today and spread awareness of what it's like to go a day without shoes.  It'll make you feel good about yourself and again,  it's so easy.   Then tomorrow go out and buy yourself a pair, and TOMS will give another pair to someone who really needs them.

By the by, I have absolutely no affiliation with this company other than I love their shoes, and even more, I LOVE THIS CAUSE.  Plus it will make my son happy.  You're welcome Cooper!

P.S.  Come check out my blog tomorrow.  I get to be the Blogger of Note on the new support website WOW.  Please come share my SPECIAL DAY  with me!  There, I've said it.  I don't want to do it alone.  I need you!

Love you more than all the bare feet in all the world today.

Blessings,

Tia


2 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

isn't Tom's a great cause and organization? Love it. Not many folks have heard about it glad to see you know.

I wish I had known it was no shoes day yesterday. Although it was raining and walking the dog in wet feet wouldn't have been so great.
Can I make it today?

Cooper John said...

MOM!
You're so cute. I love this post. One Day Without Shoes was harder than I thought it was going be to but it definitely opened my eyes to how difficult it is to like without shoes (and I only did it for a single day!)
Love and miss you, Coop

ps I'm in desperate need to some new Tom's so anytime you are perusing their site and feel like purchasing me a pair of red size 9.5 men's shoes...please feel free. haha, much love.