04 May 2010

I LOVE SB

When the park at the entrance to the beach in our neighborhood had its redo a couple of years ago, we bought a memorial tile to be added to the wall.  These walls surround the grassy areas, the area going down to the water, and the children's playground. Our tile is visible right as you walk up from the sea.  I love all the colors the artist used and she added real seashells to her castings as well. Some of the tiles explain sea life, like lobsters and seaweed, so they're even educational.  Most of the tiles depict the names of neighboring families, people who enjoy the area or sentiments about living down here.  I LOVE SOLANA BEACH!  I love raising my family here and now we're memorialized for all time.  So now,  back to the remodel.

How about some updates?  Our project has gone so slowly but, now seems to have taken on a speed of its own.  I will show you a little bit of this and a little bit of that.  I can't believe how much we are getting done.


Before



After



Before





After




Haven't even taken the labels off or installed the hardware yet!


Just the other side of this window is where my tubby will be.  Remember this post?
"Tubby Time"


Weeeeeeee!


We have a ways to go but, we've come a long way baby!


Love you more than all the sunny days of Spring and Summer up ahead.

Blessings,

Tia

9 comments:

Bossy Betty said...

Exciting progress! Great windows too!!

bichonpawz said...

You have come a long way! And the best is yet to be!! Looking good!!

Unknown said...

Things are looking good!! I love the tile too.
Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

That house is going to be gorgeous, and the decorative tile is really cute. :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

WOW things are looking good Tia. Nice tub!

Tina said...

Wow, there has been so much progress, it is looking fabulous Tia!! Love that tub:) I also love that your family has a tile in the wall at your neighbourhood park, that is so special:) Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a lovely Mothers Day on Sunday ~ Tina xx

Unknown said...

You would not believe the round about way I found your blog. THe Old Geezer follows you and now follows me. So here I am. Check out this blog about a house that produces as much or more energy than it uses. (My husband and youngest son are building this house.) www.niagaranetzeroproject.blogspot.com
My ususal blog is Steadfast Ahoy. We are ocean people too, in the winter time.

Your beach house looks amazing. I can tell you are having a ton of fun in the process. Enjoy!

Rachel Cotterill said...

I love your tile! And great progress on the building :D

Suz said...

For some reason it is so exciting to get the windows in! Your house is lovely.... Cheers!
Susan:)