22 November 2009

Thanksgiving



Assorted cookies for Thanksgiving (USA) photo

"The attitude of beatitude is gratitude"
Deacon Jack Costello


This Thursday is my very favorite holiday, THANKSGIVING!  No matter your race, color, creed, or political affiliation, at least that one day,  throughout our wonderful country, our hearts are in the same place.  Although I try to count my blessings day by day, to reflect on the everyday stuff of daily living, the week before Thanksgiving I try to take some time to think about what my priorities are. I am usually able to grasp a bit of heaven just by looking at each moment and every circumstance with a grateful heart. Even when my patience is tried, especially when my patience is tried, I know my life is full of grace.


For Christians, life itself is the highest value.  Each day begins anew as a gift from God.  I know someone who always says, "the attitude of beatitude is gratitude." I think about that a lot, and especially this time of year.  This Thanksgiving I am going to be remembering all of you, my friends and family.  I'm going to be giving thanks for your love, your friendship, and the treasure you are in my life.  And as always, I wish all of you - 


Blessings,


Tia



The Beatitudes


Blessed are the poor in spirit,








for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.



Blessed are they who mourn,








for they shall be comforted.



Blessed are the meek,








for they shall possess the earth.



Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for justice,








for they shall be satisfied.



Blessed are the merciful,








for they shall obtain mercy.



Blessed are the pure of heart,








for they shall see God.



Blessed are the peacemakers,








for they shall be called sons of God.



Blessed are they who suffer persecution for justice sake,








for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.















No comments: