30 November 2009

Everything Old Is New Again




Hello all my Lovies.  I pray everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day full of all the things that make you happy!  Family and friends made this Thanksgiving one of the best ever for me.  I have much to be thankful for.




This is what we woke up to today!





A blustery, shivery, day at the beach.


Although it's pretty summery all year round, 'round here, Fall and Winter have their own kind of beauty.  A storm waters things down and cleans things up.  Last night I was awakened by the sounds of a strong wind.  There was an erie howl and the flap and bang of objects not battened down.  I tiptoed across my room and peeked out the slats of the shutters.  I could see big black clouds by the light of the moon.  The trees were waving in the wind and not a soul in sight.  Except for the wind it was silent.  No hustle and bustle.  Everybody tucked up.  It was quieting and peaceful to my soul.  Because as much as I love the sun and blue skies and balmy, warm air,  I love the blackness of the night as well.  I revel in the shine of the moon on a town now quiet and dark after the hustle and bustle of the holiday.  It's as if we're all just waiting for it to start again, but first we have an intermission.  We get to breathe, feel a respite of peace, even if just for a moment.





The cottage is a sad and lonely place these days.  Construction has come to a standstill.  Patience is wearing thin.  We waited our whole lives to live at the beach though, and it's been almost 4 years of planning and dreaming of making our little cottage everything we hope for. So if we must wait a little longer, we must.  Remember these guys at  THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT?  They once again, have our lives in their hands.  It's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last - but...






The floors are exposed and wet.  They are wondering why?  Why is nobody sanding, varnishing and walking on me?  When will my turn come?


Don't worry you beautiful oak planks!  Every dog has it's day.





No not you silly


But as for now.  For now, I choose to concentrate on the positive, and the positive is all around me!







Our first winter storm wasn't much.  Just a smattering of rain but still, a puddle or two here and there.  Everything is washed and clean again.  Nobody appreciates a storm or even a little rain like a Californian.  They are few and far between so they are a gift really.





I can tell that soon there will be a new beginning, can't you?





These guys didn't have much to do so far today.  That's a good thing.  Because these guys work hard.  They save parents from having their kids underfoot all summer long lives, if you know what I mean!





Somebody decorated their fish for Christmas.  He looks none to pleased either. But that's just my take on it, maybe I'm reading it all wrong.







As for me, I'm just glad to be out and about, walking in the rain.  Although I know some people just love "black friday" after Thanksgiving weekend, not I.  I stay as far away from this as I possibly can.







I'm just gonna stay far, far, away from sales and crowds and sit on a bench and look at the Pacific on a stormy, blustery day.




I'm gonna find my satisfaction in watching my puppy get fat his furry winter coat.





I'm going to enjoy the storm.  It's the gift I've been given today.  You could say it is even better than the best sale because, it didn't cost me a thing.




Just for a moment before life gets hectic and the holidays begin again,  I'm going to pause, reflect and remember how life ebbs and flows, just like the tides. I'm going to rejoice and remember this.







Blessings,


Tia

No comments: